The two protagonists who play characters in a true-crἰme podcast are among the best actors in Peacock Based on a True Story cast. The comedy-thriller revolves around a couple who launch a podcast about a local serial murdeɼeɼ to make money from him.
The podcasters decide to interview the murdeɼeɼ under the condition that he refrains from kἰlling anyone else while recording the podcast to give the program a distinct feel. The show compels viewers to consider where entertainment and exploitation begin and end.
Based on a True Story retains a humorous tone throughout despite its severe central question. The actors contribute to striking a balance between the story’s intense thriller and dark humor strands. Due to her love of true-crἰme content, one of the key performers, Kaley Cuoco, excels in her role. The cast of Based on a True Story includes well-known Hollywood actors who fans may recognize from previous productions in addition to Cuoco.
Kaley Cuoco As Ava Bartlett- A True Crἰme Enthusiast
Kaley Cuoco plays Ava, a true-crἰme enthusiast who tries to capitalize on the Westside Rippers’ kἰllings by promoting him on the podcast as one of the main characters in the Based on a True Story cast. From 2007 until 2019, Cuoco’s most notable role was that of Penny on The Big Bang Theory.
Her sitcom experience undoubtedly aided her comedic timing in Based on a True Story. She has also voiced characters in several Max Originals, including the title character in the animated series Harley Quinn and Cassie Bowden in The Flight Attendant.
Chris Messina As Nathan Bartlett- Ava’s husband
Chris Messina plays Nathan Barlett, Ava’s husband, who struggles to make ends meet until he joins her in producing the podcast. He is the second co-lead of the Based on a True Story cast. On The Mindy Project, Messina portrayed Danny Castellano, a recurring character.
Richard Willis in Sharp Objects and Nick Haas in The Sinner are two of his other TV roles. In movies, Messina has portrayed characters like Malinov in Argo, Detective Bowden in Devil, Harry in Ruby Sparks, and Victor Zsasz in the DCEU film Birds of Prey, among others.
Tom Bateman As Matt Pierce- Friend of Bartletts
In the cast of Based on a True Story, Tom Bateman plays Matt Pierce, a plumber who became friends with the Bartletts. In the 2015 television series Jekyll and Hyde, Bateman played Robert Jekyll and Edward Hyde. His performance there is a good fit with his performance in Based on a True Story.
His morals are ambiguous and unstable, just like all the other characters in the series. In addition, Bateman played the roles of Bouc in the Hercule Poirot film series and James in Snatched, Trevor Calcote in Cold Pursuit and Snatched.
Priscilla Quintana As Ruby Gate- The Bartletts Best Friend
In the cast of Based on a True Story, Priscilla Quintana plays Ruby, the Bartletts’ shrewd and covert best friend. Quintana is a young actor whose breakthrough performance was as Mina in the 2019 film Polaroid. Since then, she has played Isabella Tavez in Good Trouble and Jax in Pandora.
Liana Liberato As Tory Thompson-
Based on a True Story stars Liana Liberato as Tory Thompson, Ava’s sister and the voice of reason. In the Hulu Original TV series Light as a Feather, Liberato portrayed McKenna Brady, the show’s protagonist. She is known for her roles as Quinn Bailey in Scream VI and Kim in If I Stay.
We’ve included links to our earlier postings below if you want to read more about the key characters in our eagerly awaited series and what makes them unique:
- Netflix’s “XO Kitty” Cast: Get to Know the Actors Behind Your Favorite Characters
- Meet Never Have I Ever Season 4 Cast: The Final Season
Based On A True Story Supporting Cast & Characters who are also in the show-
- Miles Mussenden, who plays Detective Quincy Burrell in Cloak & Dagger, is most recognized for his role as Otis Johnson in that film.
- Li Jun Li as Michelle In the film Babylon, Li Jun Li played Lady Fay Zhu.
- As Paul, Brandon Keener Brandon Keener played Warren Grass in the film The Purge: Anarchy before getting the role in Based on a True Story.
- Belmont Cameli as Mason In the 2020 Peacock production of Saved By the Bell, Belmont Cameli previously portrayed Jamie Spano.
- Detective Jessie Peterson, played by Yvonne Senat Jones, is one of the characters in the Based on a True Story cast. Jones is most known for playing Tally in the film Ruthless.
- Sebastian Quinn as an Undisclosed figure: Sebastian Quinn plays an unnamed figure in the television show Based on a True Story. In the biographical film Miranda’s Victim, he played the notorious crἰminal Ernesto Miranda.
- June Diane Raphael is best known for her role as Briana Hanson on Grace and Frankie. She is now playing an unnamed character.
- Kellen Patino in an Unknown CharacterKellen Patino is new to acting and has only taken on the roles of Tom in Christmas on Repeat and Damian in Erin & Aaron.
- Britney Ortiz in an Unknown CharacterOn Netflix’s Atypical, Britney Ortiz is most known for her role as JJ.
- Pierson Fode as Unidentified Character Pierson Fode plays an unidentified character in the cast of Based on a True Story. Fode portrayed Thomas Forrester in the soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful from 2015 to 2018.
- Natalia Dyer as Unknown Character Natalia Dyer is well-known for playing Nancy Wheeler in the television series Stranger Things.
- Annabelle Dexter-Jones as Unspecified Character – In the 2019 suspense film Ravage, Annabelle Dexter-Jones plays Harper.
- Before being cast in Based on a True Story, Aisha Alfa portrayed Ms. Grell in Degrassi: Next Class.
So from the above listed one which is your favorite one? Don’t forget to write the name in the comment section.
Keep up to date with all the latest buzz on the cast and stars of your favorite shows by bookmarking Venturejolt.com and checking out our latest posts.