Jonathan Majors’ trial for domestic violence has been pushed back until September. The actor was expected to begin trial on Thursday (3 Aug) but the prosecution said it was not prepared since it is still gathering discovery.
Majors, dressed in a grey suit, walked into court with his girlfriend Meagan Good at his side. He arrived at the courthouse at 9:42 a.m. with his criminal defense attorney Priya Chaudhry, toting a bible and a notebook. She claimed that the prosecution was tardy in providing evidence. The court case will now begin on September 6.
You can also read out below tweet about Jonathan Majors’ trial being postponed:
Jonathan Majors’ court trial was supposed to happen today August 3 but has been postponed until at least September 6.
Due to New York City prosecutors needing more time to prepare. pic.twitter.com/35CBMiy8sx
— MCU – CoveredGeekly (@MCU_Covered) August 3, 2023
On March 25 in Manhattan, Majors was taken into custody on charges of assault and aggravated harassment stemming from an alleged altercation with his then-girlfriend Grace Jabbari. A woman who did not want to be identified informed police that she had been assaulted and sent to the hospital for “minor injuries to her head and neck.”
On all four counts, Majors has entered a not-guilty plea. The strangulation accusation was also dismissed. He faces up to a year in prison if found guilty on the minor charges of harassment and assault.
The accusation that Jabbari assaulted Majors comes from Chaudhry, who says it was “not the other way around.” His group has also claimed that Majors is the victim of a “witch hunt” and that “racial bias” has played a role in the probe.
Manhattan District Attorney spokesman Douglas Cohen released a statement saying-
“We look forward to presenting the full facts and evidence at trial.”
A provisional order of protection was issued in April on behalf of Jabbari, prohibiting any communication between the two parties. This is still the established order.
Take a look at the below tweet about Jonathan Majors’ trial:
Update: Hollywood Actor Jonathan Majors arrived to NY Criminal court today for trial only to learn that prosecutors aren’t ready to present their case. The problem is that his accuser has fled the country and NYPD is looking to charge her with assault. His girlfriend Megan Good… pic.twitter.com/6whWwNe9M1
— Dennis Byron (@MrDennisByron) August 4, 2023
More claimed victims of Majors came forward and helped the Manhattan DA’s office as his court date drew near. Starring in “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” and “Creed III” alongside Michael B. Jordan, Majors has been nominated for an Emmy for his work on HBO’s “Lovecraft Country.”
You can also take a look at the YNW Melly trial details we have covered below links:
- Who is YNW Melly Ex-Girlfriend and What is Her Mother Say About Rapper’s Trial?
- YNW Melly’s Double Mυrder Trial Finally Begins
His public relations firm, the Lede Company, as well as his management company, Entertainment 360, terminated him once the charges surfaced. WME is still the Majors’ representative. As a result, he was dropped from the film The Man in My Basement and marketing campaigns for the United States Army and the Texas Rangers of Major League Baseball.
Following his court appearance on Thursday, Chaudhry released a statement in which he referred to Majors as “the real victim in this shameful ordeal.” They “completely shattered” his “life, career, and reputation,” she wrote. To know more details you can join us on our Twitter account.