A local settler leader, Yossi Dagan, has called the shooting deaths of two Israelis on Sunday in the West Bank “a severe terrorist attack.” Israel’s military had earlier claimed that a
“terrorist arrived to the Einbus junction and opened fire towards an Israeli vehicle.”
The IDF reported two casualties and said the attacker was being pursued while two people were taken to the hospital. Medical organization Magen David Adom and settler leader Dagan later confirmed their deaths. An additional local settler leader testified that he witnessed the shooting.
“The shooting took place right behind me. It looked terrible – the shooting was from point-blank range,” said Shai Alon, the head of Beit El council, adding that Israel needed to “go to war against those who wish us harm.”
Days after an extensive Israeli military raid into Nablus in search of wanted militants, at least 11 Palestinians were killed in this incident in Huwara, located south of Nablus in the occupied West Bank.
In a statement released on Wednesday ( 22 Feb 2023), the Palestinian militant group Lion’s Den, which emerged in Nablus last year, claimed responsibility for the deaths of six people on Wednesday and vowed retribution. The group said of Israel,
“As big as the pain filling Nablus, the occupation will taste twice the pain.”
“They will know that the fighters of the honorable groups in Nablus will not take a step back.”
Dagan, the head of the Samaria Regional Council, called after Sunday’s killings for Israel to break off ongoing security talks between Israel and the Palestinians brokered by Jordan, Egypt, and the United States, saying:
“I demand that the Prime Minister, the Minister of Defense and all the ministers return the delegation from the idle talks in Aqaba…. We need to launch an operation against terrorism!”
After one of the bloodiest starts to a year in two decades, Israel and the Palestinian Authority confirmed early Sunday that they were in five-party talks in Jordan. Participants and hosts in Jordan include Egypt and the United States. In March, the holy month of Ramadan will begin.
An Israeli official has claimed that the meeting’s attendees.
“will discuss ways to calm security tensions in the region ahead of the month of Ramadan.”
The source, who asked not to be named, discussing confidential diplomatic negotiations, said that National Security Adviser Tzachi Hanegbi, head of the Shin Bet Ronan Bar, coordinator of government operations in the territories Major General Rasan Elian, and director general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ronan Levy are all part of the Israeli delegation.
When you open the links we’ve provided below, you can read some related news about crime:
- Ex-Clinton Adviser Mark Middleton’s Body was Reportedly found with a Shotgun Nearby
- Shot-Dead Clinton Aide With Epstein Ties Hangs in Tree Deemed Suicide Despite No Gun
- Officer Peter Jerving was Shot and Murdered in Milwaukee
According to WAFA, the official Palestinian news agency, the high-level Palestinian delegation
“will stress the need to stop all Israeli unilateral actions and abide by the signed agreements.”
The Palestinian terrorist group Hamas, which now controls Gaza, has spoken out against the Palestinian Authority’s involvement, calling it a “fruitless endeavor.” In a statement released in January, following an Israeli raid on Jenin that resulted in the deaths of 11 Palestinians, Hamas called on the Ramallah Authority to “irrevocably halt security coordination” with Israel.
Lion’s Den and the independent political group Palestinian National Initiative have encouraged the PA to stay out of the event.
( Source Link )