Davido Adeleke was born in Atlanta, Georgia, on November 21, 1992, to the wealthy Nigerian family of Dr. Adedeji Adeleke, co-founder of Adeleke University in Osun state and CEO of Pacific Holdings Limited.
At 16, he moved to Alabama, United States, to study business administration at Oakwood University after attending British International School in Lagos.
Davido acquired musical instruments and began making beats while attending Oakwood. With his cousins B-Red and Sina Rambo, he also established the music group KB International.
Davido left Oakwood University to pursue a career in music and relocated to London to focus on his voice.
In 2011, upon his return to Nigeria, he put his singing career on hold and consented to enroll in Babcock University out of respect for his father.
In July 2015, he graduated from Babcock University with a second-class honors degree in music after his father funded the establishment of a music department for a single student.
Davido Net Worth in 2022
Davido, a Nigerian-American singer, songwriter, and record producer with a net worth of $40 million, is the second-wealthiest musician in Nigeria. Digital sales of his successful songs, albums, sold-out concerts, YouTube music videos, and sponsorship deals are his primary source of revenue.
He is the first Nigerian singer with over 750 million video views on YouTube while making millions of dollars from his music videos.
In addition to sponsorship relationships with MTN, Guinness Nigeria, and Infinix mobile, he has additional sources of income.
In a now-deleted tweet from December 2021, he and his management alleged that the artist made more than $20 million.
Currently, Davido is 29 years old.
Davido Adeleke Music Career
Davido made his international breakthrough in October 2011 with the release of the Shizzi-produced hit single “Dami Duro.”
As soon as Dami Duro’s video was published in January 2012, it became the buzz of Nigeria, gaining extensive exposure.
The HKN Music Record Label published Dami Duro’s debut studio album, Omo Baba Olowo (Child of a Wealthy Person), on July 17, 2012.
The album was filled with popular songs, which helped him get more fans; since then, he has created many successes that have earned him fame, money, and international acclaim.
Davido teamed with various producers, including Jay Sleek, Spellz, Maleek Berry, and others, to produce OBO. It included notable performers such as Sina Rambo, Ice Prince, Kay Switch, B-Red, 2 Face, and Naeto C.
Davido released “A Good Time” in 2019 and “A Better Time” in 2020, his second and third studio albums, respectively.
Since its debut a year ago, the album has achieved more than 200 million digital streams.
Davido Adeleke Endorsement Agreements
Davido’s net worth has been augmented throughout the years by signing billion-dollar endorsement deals and revenue from songwriting and album sales.
On April 6, 2012, Davido signed the highest music contract with MTN Nigeria at N30 million.
On October 24, Davido also struck a relationship with Guinness Nigeria.
On May 9, 2018, Davido signed a new endorsement deal with Hong Kong-based smartphone manufacturer Infinix Mobile.
Davido Adeleke Personal Life
Davido is currently engaged to Chioma Avril Rowland, the mother of his 2019-born first-child, Ifeanyi Adeleke. The two celebrity spouses made their relationship public on April 24, 2018, Chioma’s birthday.
Before dating Chioma Avril Rowland, the star singer dated four other women, with Sophia Momodu being his first baby mother.
- Hayden Panettiere’s Net Worth
- Do Kwon Net Worth 2022, Age, Merch, Height & Personal Life Know Everything So Far!
Davido Adeleke Music Honors and Recognition
- Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2018
- Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2014
- Hip Hop World Revelation, The Headies, 2013
- Next Rated, The Headies, 2012
- Male Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Best Pop/R&B Artiste of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- Best New Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2012
- Best Newcomer Award, Kora Awards, 2012
- Best International Act: Africa, BET Awards, 2014
- Promising Youth Artist, Dynamix All Youth, 2011
- Best Male West African, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Artists of the Year, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Best Male Artiste of the Year, MTV Africa Music Awards, 2014
- African Artiste of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2014
- Musician of the Year (Male), City People Entertainments Awards, 2014
Davido Adeleke Automobiles and House
The Assurance singer has two properties in Lagos, Nigeria, worth N800 million, one in Lekki and the other on Banana Island.
In addition, there is a mansion in Georgia, United States. His collection of automobiles includes:
- Chevrolet Camaro GS (₦9.4 million)
- Audi R8 (₦23.4 million)
- Audi Q7 (₦12 million)
- Mercedes-AMG GLS63 (~₦45 million)
- Mercedes G-Wagon (~₦21 million)
- Toyota Land Cruiser (~₦30 million), several cars like a Porsche, Range Rover Sport, and Chevrolet Camaro.
- Rolls Royce Cullinan 2019 (~₦350 million)
- Bentley Bentayga (₦108 million)
- Bentley Continental GT (~₦95 million)
- Porsche Panamera Turbo S (~₦22.8 million)
- Range Rover Sports (₦84 million – ₦90 million)
- Range Rover SV Autobiography (₦98 million)