Gangs of London is a British crime drama television series directed by Gareth Evans, Corin Hardy, and Xavier Gens and created by Gareth Evans and Matt Flannery.
The series gathered lots of appreciation and positive reviews from the audience as well as critics and has an IMDB rating of 8.1 out of 10 and 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. The first season of Gangs of London premiered on April 23, 2020, with a total of nine episodes on Sky Atlantic.
After the first season, fans have been waiting to know about the second season of the series, and here’s what we know so far about it.
Gangs of London Season 2 Release Date
The second season of Gangs of London is confirmed just a few days after the premiere of season one with distribution being taken over by AMC.
The production for the second season was stopped in July 2021 after one of the crew members tested positive for COVID-19.
The series is set to premiere this year but as of now, there is no announcement with respect to a confirmed release date of the upcoming season of the series. The filming for the upcoming season started on May 31, 2021, and wrapped up on December 14, 2021.
Gangs of London Season 2 Cast
We can expect all the below characters to return from the first season to reprise their roles:
- Michelle Fairley to portray the character Marian Wallace
- Valene Kane to portray the character Jacqueline Robinson
- Brian Vernel to portray the character Billy Wallace
- Colm Meaney to portray the character Finn Wallace
- Lucian Msamati to portray the character Ed Dumani
- Paapa Essiedu to portray the character Alex Dumani
- Pippa Bennett-Warner as Shannon Dumani
- Taye Matthew to portray the character Danny Dumani
- Sope Dirisu to portray the character Elliot Finch
- Jing Lusi to portray the character Vicky Chung
- Garry Cooper to portray the character John Harks
- Adrian Bower to portray the character Mark
- Emmett J. Scanlan to portray the character Jack O’Doherty
- Orli Shuka to portray the character Luan Dushaj
- Eri Shuka to portray the character Mirlinda Dushaj
- Nebli Basani to portray the character Tariq Gjelaj
- Narges Rashidi to portray the character Lale
- Aksel Ustun to portray the character Hekar
- Asif Raza Mir to portray the character Asif Afridi
- Parth Thakerar to portray the character Nasir Afridi
- Mark Lewis Jones to portray the character Kinney Edwards
- Aled ap Steffan to portray the character Darren Edwards
- Richard Harrington to portray the character Mal
- Darren Evans to portray the character Ioan
- Mads Koudal to portray the character Leif Hansen
- Laura Bach to portray the character Tove Fransen
- Amanda Drew to portray the character Kane
- Tim McInnerny to portray the character Jacob
- Sharon Morgan to portray the character Ingrid Hansen
In a conversation with Den of Geek, Xavier Gens who is the co-director, said there will “probably [be] a new, big antagonist,” adding further “We need to create a new one because the body count of the first season is quite elevated.”
Gangs of London Season 2 Expected Storyline
The first season left us with a huge dilemma as to Sean: If he managed to survive or is dead?
With regard to the storyline, Gens said “There’s a lot there to be done with them as characters and especially Alex [Paapa Essiedu] will know more about Elliot now,” adding further “He will understand a bit more about what Elliott has been doing the entire time… And what can Elliott bring to the table now as somebody who has potentially gone rogue?”
He continued “I’m pretty sure in season two, he [Elliot] is going to go to the dark side.”
Evans said “It can’t just end there. You don’t just get away with bumping off four people in a hotel room and then say, ‘Oh okay, we’re done.
“There’s a lot of scopes there, a lot of stuff that they can carry on and explore further.”
Discussing the sequence when we saw Sean setting a man on fire prior to sending him sinking to his demise almost did not make the cut.
Gareth said “Matt really fought for that scene because we were really worried what it would say about Sean so a couple of us got cold feet,” adding further “Matt, to his credit, held firm, ‘This scene has to be how the show starts, this has to be the first scene’. There’s so much content out there right now so the first two or three minutes are vital.”
Is There a Trailer for Gangs of London Season 2?
Sadly, no official trailer has been dropped yet but we can expect a trailer to kick off soon.
We will keep you updated with all the latest information until then stay tuned to our website.