The Chi is an American television drama which is created by Lena Waithe and Rick Famuyiwa served as the director of the pilot. The series follows life in a neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago.
The first season of the series aired on January 7, 2018, on Showtime and ended on March 18, 2018, with a total of ten episodes, with the second and third seasons premiering on April 7, 2019, and June 21, 2020, respectively and ended on June 16, 2019, and August 23, 2020.
The fourth season of the series premiered on May 23, 2021, and ended on August 1, 2021, and right after its ending, the series was renewed for its fifth season on August 2, 2021.
The show has immense love and appreciation from both audiences as well as critics and has an IMDB rating of 7.47 out of 10 on IMDB and 87 percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
We know that fans must be curious to know about season 5 of “The Chi” and here’s what we know so far.
The Chi Release Date
Though there is no official announcement about the release date for “The Chi” Season 5, as mentioned above that the renewal of the series for the fifth season was announced earlier this year on August 2, and given the release pattern that the series follows, we can expect the series to come out in the third quarter of this year.
The Chi Cast
We can expect the below cast to return for the fifth season of the series to reprise their roles:
- Jason Mitchell to portray Brandon Johnson
- Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine to portray Ronnie Davis
- Jacob Latimore to portray Emmett Washington
- Tiffany Boone to portray Jerrika Little
- Alex Hibbert to portray Kevin Williams
- Yolonda Ross to portray Jada Washington
- Rolando Boyce to portray Darnell
- Armando Riesco to portray Detective Cruz
- Barton Fitzpatrick to portray Reg Taylor
- Michael V. Epps to portray Jake Taylor
- Shamon Brown Jr. to portray Stanley – Papa – Jackson
- Birgundi Baker to portray Kiesha Williams
- Luke James to portray Victor – Trig – Taylor
- Lucien Cambric to portray Jason Roxboro
- Curtiss Cook to portray Otis – Douda – Perry
- Jahking Guillory to portray Charles Frederick – Coogie – Johnson
- Sonja Sohn to portray Laverne Johnson
- Brian King to portray Detective Wallace
- LaDonna Tittle to portray Ethel Davis
- Jasmine Davis to portray Imani
- Miriam A. Hyman to portray Dre
- La La Anthony to portray Dominque – Dom – Morris
- Kandi Burruss to portray Roselyn Perry
- Judae’a Brown to portray Jemma
- Lena Waithe to portray Camille Hallaway
- Tabitha Brown to portray Octavia
- Lil Rel Howery to portray Zeke Remnick
- Jason Weaver to portray Rashaad – Shaad – Marshall
- Da Brat to portray LaPortia
- Vic Mensa to portray Jamal
There may be certain additions or changes to the mentioned cast and for that, the official announcement is awaited.
The Chi Expected Storyline
We can expect the fifth season to continue from where it left us. So, let’s first take a dig into what happened in the fourth season of the series.
In the last episode of The Chi Season 4, Douda took leave from Chicago after getting threats from Trig threatened to reveal the video clip of Marcus’s assault. We saw in the fourth season that he was heading off towards a place outside the city. It has been hinted by director and executive producer Justin Hillian that he would not be left for good after all.
He said ‘Never underestimate Otis Perry.’ Although, he accepted that Douda could not win this match. He states “He overplayed his hand.” It didn’t go according to plan. However, he stated, “I find it difficult to believe that he would give up so quickly.”
Apart from that, he also told the outlet about his intentions to go more into Trig’s neighborhood watch program in the fifth season.
He further went on to focus the perspective on the community and people looking after each other. Lena has been reluctant in coping with the police.
And this is what the program has always followed, and thus typically, we could put all of them aside, leaving it upon the community to cope with its matters.
While Tiffany still has not come to a decision between Emmett and Dante in season four, he determines he has had more than enough and made the decision to move on. Tiffany takes the decision of going with Emmett initially, however, she confronts Rob later and kisses him.
Trig gathers the video clip in which Douda was seen hitting Marcus to force the mayor into departing town. It looks like Roselyn has taken the responsibility by becoming the temporary mayor when he is not available in town. In the last season, we also saw that Keisha and Christian had made their relationship official.
Well, with all of that, the fifth season is sure to bring many surprises for us. We may expect Douda’s return and Trig’s confrontation in the upcoming season. As a result of Tiffany’s fling with Rob, Emmett will probably face a tough time soon.
Following her last session of chemo, Jada’s most recent tests came out clean, recommending that she may be on the edge of a new chapter of life. The forthcoming season will revolve around majorly upon how the community can stay united to save each other.
Well, we don’t think that the series’ fans will have to wait for so long for season 5 and we will keep you updated with all the latest information until then stay tuned to our website.