Activision, the publisher of Call of Duty, is preparing to launch Call of Duty Season 2 in Warzone and Vanguard. The next Call of Duty season will be available on February 14 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Activision has stated that COD S2 will premiere in the United Kingdom at 5 pm GMT, 9 am PT/12 pm ET for fans in the United States.
The new season will premiere with many substantial changes to Vanguard and Warzone, a new Battle Pass, and a slew of new maps, modes, and equipment. Continue reading to learn more about what to anticipate from Call of Duty Season 2.
As seen by the screenshots below, Activision plans to offer a slew of new content for Call of Duty Season 2, including Warzone and Vanguard modes.
The Caldera Chemical Factory and Research Labs have been added to the Warzone map, followed by Rebirth Reinforced later this season.
Additionally, Warzone fans may check out a variety of new modes, such as Caldera Clash and Rebirth Island Iron Trials. It is in addition to the Bomber aircraft and the Search and Deploy event.
On Vanguard, the Gondola and Casablanca maps are available, as is the Ranked Play beta, followed by the Arms Race motorcycles and tanks mode shortly.
Additionally, there is a Valentine’s Day content drop, in addition to the Gamma truck vehicle.
New content, such as new operators, bundles, and weaponry, will be accessible across Warzone and Vanguard.
Thomas and Anna are the season’s first new operators, followed by Gustavo in mid-season. Meanwhile, the KG M40 and Whitley guns lead the weaponry lineup, followed by the Ice Axe mid-season.
Zombies lovers may now battle the Zaballa adversary on a new battlefield. Additionally, a new Story Quest has been added with new venues, goals, and weaponry.
Several of the things described above will be included in the Battle Pass, which has 100 levels of prizes.
It is in addition to a variety of complimentary products. Activision elaborates: “Over 30 Items Included, Including Multiplayer Perks and Killstreaks. Unlock new Vanguard Multiplayer equipment, including the deadly Sticky Bomb, the fatal Ball Turret Gunner, and two tactical Perks.
“Plus: Weapon Blueprints, Watches, and more, all obtained via simple gameplay and membership in a Clan.”
Additionally, Activision has revealed intentions to enhance Warzone’s quality of life throughout the next season and beyond.
The early patch notes provide a list of the QoL enhancements. As a reminder, the Warzone upgrade will launch with Season 2 on February 14, while the Vanguard update is now available for pre-loading.
Call of Duty: Warzone Season 2 Quality of Life upgrade
- Enhancements to all modes of transportation
- Vehicle maneuverability
- Parachutes that launch from a lower vertical position
- Increased the height of the player’s mantle
- Vehicle and player collision corrections.
- Improvements Operators aiming down sights are no longer interrupted by the Gas Mask animation.
- When Armor Plates are inserted, it replenishes a whole armor plate before replenishing damaged ones.
- Performance and streaming difficulties across all platforms, including Buy Station freezes, voice chat connection issues, and distorted images.
- At certain distances, certain Operator skins become invisible.
- Impediments to Modern Warfare Multiplayer, which is dependent on the Warzone launcher.