We are very saddened to share with you that Alexandra Kelly, a 7 year old girl passed away after the celebration of her own birthday party. The child lived in Clinton, a Tennessee city within the Knoxville metropolitan area. Below you will read the reason behind her death.
Alexandra Kelly Obituary: What is Her Cause of Death?
In Tennessee, a 7-year-old girl passed away while deflating helium balloons after her birthday celebration. In a social media post on her daughter’s passing the mother “Channa Kelly” cautioned other parents about the possible dangers of balloons for small children.
She stated that She bought a number of ornamental balloons for her daughter before her seventh birthday party on September 24.
The balloons featured a sizable 34-inch Mylar balloon which is constructed of foil and filled with helium and roughly 10 latex balloons with “Roblox-themed” decorations. The larger foil balloon has a seven shape to it. Kelly wrote:
“As a parent I was always aware of the choking hazard of latex balloons, but never imagined that there was such a risk regarding these very large Mylar helium filled balloons.”
She claimed that on Oct. 1, one week after the birthday celebration, Kelly sat with her daughter and burst each latex balloon. Kelly claimed that she told the girl that was fine when she asked to pop the larger foil balloon and then fell asleep briefly in her bedroom since she was unaware of any dangers with this type of balloon.
Alexandra’s mother wrote:
“I would have never imagined that she would have been able to fit this balloon over her head.”
However, when Kelly awoke from her nap, her daughter was face-down on the floor with the foil balloon wrapped around her head.
Kelly claims that she began performing CPR before a team of police, firefighters and paramedics arrived at her home and took over; nonetheless, Kelly’s daughter was unable to be revived despite the efforts of the life-saving techniques.
She stated that the cause of death report’s preliminary findings could take up to six months to complete and it was unclear if the youngster had helium poisoning or had suffocated to death. Kelly said:
“On Sunday October [1st] my entire world collapsed around me all because I was unaware of the the risk surrounding these types of balloons, I hope by sharing our story that I can bring awareness and educate parents about the dangers of not only latex balloons but also Mylar balloons.”
You can read her statement in a post provided below:
You can also check out our below posts related to other persons obituaries:
- Christine Harmon Obituary: When Was Her Funeral Services Held?
- Patricia White Obituary: A Tribute to a Remarkable Life
Her death is under investigation by police. Our condolences are with her family and friends. You can also share your tributes towards her in the comments section below.
For more information related to these kinds of more topics you can follow us on Twitter and get latest updates.