Stockton Rush spent a year trying to persuade “Jay Bloom” to purchase a few seats on his company’s submersible so that Bloom and his son may enjoy the once-in-a-lifetime excitement of exploring the deep-sea Titanic wreck.
Bloom claimed that when Sean (now 20 years old) was a child, he was enthralled by the tale of the lost British passenger liner. Read more about Bloom below.
What Did Jay Bloom Say About the Titanic Submersible?
Jay Bloom is a Las Vegas investor and real estate developer. He disclosed that he and his son Sean forfeited their seats on the Titan submersible, which sank in the Atlantic Ocean while visiting the Titanic’s wreck, kἰlling all five aboard.
Bloom announced on Facebook that he and his son had been invited to join a dive to the Titanic wreck site by OceanGate CEO “Stockton Rush”, the company that ran the Titan submersible. Due to scheduling issues and worries about their safety, they declined.
He said, “So this is crazy… I got invited to go on this dive, If I accepted, I would’ve been one of the five onboard right now.”
In our previous post we covered the biography of Blac Chyna, if you want to know more about her you can check out our below post:
The OceanGate co-founder told Rush that the journey was “safer than flying in a helicopter or even scuba diving” in another post that he released along with screenshots of text chats between the two of them.
In the texts, Rush was told that the seats would be available for a “last-minute price” of $150,000 each rather than the customary $250,000 price. Bloom wrote:
“In February Stockton asked me and my son, Sean to go with him on the dive to Titanic in May. Both May dives were postponed due to weather and the dive got delayed until June 18th, the date of this trip.”
When Bloom raised his concerns about safety, Rush responded:
“There hasn’t been even an injμry in 35 years in a non-military subs.”
However, as Bloom studied more about the Titan submersible, the more worried he became about its safety. He said that scheduling issues prevented him from gracefully declining a last-minute opportunity to join the season’s last excursion.
“I am sure he really believed what he was saying. But he was very wrong. He passionately believed in what he was doing.”
Bloom went on to recount more of their talk from when he last saw Rush on March 1 at the Luxor in Las Vegas during the Titanic Exhibit. They had lunch in the food court there and talked about the dive and its safety measures.
“He was absolutely convinced that it was safer than crossing the street, I told him that due to scheduling we couldn’t go until next year. Our seats went to Shahzada Dawood and his 19 year old son, Suleman Dawood, two of the other three who lost their lives on this excursion.”
At last, Bloom said, “One last time… RIP Stockton and crew, Tomorrow is never promised. Make the most of today.”
For more information like these topics follow our Twitter account and check out our latest posts