A comedy-drama television show in the United States called “Shrinking” was created by Bill Lawrence, Jason Segel, and Brett Goldstein. Segel plays a bereaved therapist in the show who resolves to get much more involved in the lives of his patients.
The show debuted on January 27, 2023. Positive reviews have been given to it, praising the performers, screenplay, humor and handling of loss. In March 2023, a second season was renewed.
You can enjoy Shrinking on Apple TV+ and other original programming. Over 100 nations around the world currently provide the streaming service.
Who are the Cast Members in Shrinking?
Jason Segel plays the central character in the show along with Bill Lawrence and Brett Goldstein. View the Shrinking cast and character guide.
Jason Segel as Jimmy Laird
Jimmy Laird, a therapist who has descended into madness since the deἀth of his wife is portrayed by Jason Segel. He is struggling to find joy in his life and has grown distant from his friends and even his own daughter because of a looming cloud of grief.
It doesn’t help that he needs to listen to his clients while in the appropriate frame of mind. However, Jimmy is in for a change he won’t soon forget when he decides to flip the script and begin offering his clients uncensored advice.
As new people come into his life, we gradually get to see a compassionate side of him, despite the fact that he initially comes off as disinterested and unstable.
Harrison Ford as Dr. Paul Rhodes
Dr. Paul Rhodes, Jimmy’s mentor and an aged therapist dealing with Parkinson’s disease is portrayed by Harrison Ford.
Paul has a similar glum attitude to your typical senior therapist but is a little more agitated in the office. Even so, you can see him and Jimmy interact on the program in ways that mimic father and son interactions.
Jessica Williams as Gabby
Jimmy’s coworker and fellow therapist “Gabby” is portrayed by Jessica Williams. In addition to being close with His late wife, Gabby has known him since they were students. Although she is battling some personal issues, she is very keen at work.
Christa Miller as Liz
Liz, played by Christa Miller is Jimmy’s next-door neighbor. Occasionally, Liz’s great energy and cheeriness go to the poor therapist. She adopted Jimmy’s daughter Alice when he started to withdraw from his friends and family after the pἀssing of his wife since she was an empty-nester mom.
Michael Urie as Brian
Jimmy’s closest buddy and attorney Brian is portrayed by Michael Urie. Energy-filled Brian wants his closest buddy Jimmy to come out of his shell and start the wedding process for him and his late wife, just as he did for him and his current wife.
Luke Tennie as Sean
Sean, a fresh client with whom Jimmy strikes up a new friendship is portrayed by Luke Tennis. Sean, a 22-year-old veteran of the military, is working to overcome the severe PTSD that has caused so many issues in his connection with his family.
Lukita Maxwell as Alice
Alice, Jimmy’s 17-year-old emotionally separated daughter is portrayed by Lukita Maxwell. Jimmy’s relationship with his daughter isn’t improving as he finds himself sinking into a sea of remorse. Maxwell, a stellar student receives assistance from Liz.
Check out the below posts if you want to know more about the main casts in other highly anticipated series:
- Meet Never Have I Ever Season 4 Cast: The Final Season
- Based on a True Story Cast: Get to Know the Performers Behind Your Favorite Roles!
- When is Rebel Moon Going to Release and Who will be in Cast?
Supporting Cast of “Shrinking”
- Derek, Liz’s husband played by Ted McGinley
- Grace, one of Jimmy’s patients is played by Heidi Gardner
- Tia, Jimmy’s wife and Alice’s mother was played by Lilan Bowden before she was kἰlled in a vehicle crἀsh
- Wally, one of Jimmy’s OCD patients is played by Kimberly Condict
- Charlie, Brian’s fiancée played by Devin Kawaoka
- Alice’s best friend Summer played by Rachel Stubington
- Wendie Malick plays Dr. Julie Baram, a neurologist who helps Paul manage the symptoms of Parkinson’s illness and falls in love with his daughter Meg (played by Lily Rabe)
- One of Dr. Jimmy’s patients, Asif Ali’s Alan
- Miriam Flynn plays Pam, a neighbor who Jimmy and Liz despise
- Connor played by Gavin Lewis is the son of Alice’s next-door neighbours Liz and Derek
- One of Paul’s patients, Raymond played by Neil Flynn
- Kip, Brian Howe’s character is Brian’s dad
You can bookmark our website venturejolt.com and check out our most recent posts to get more information about other shows, series, current episodes and other topics.