The expectation for a game like Diablo 4 is that the battle against the forces of evil will continue throughout the entire journey. With Lilith looming in the background, it will be difficult for any hero, solo or in a group, to achieve victory, as she will do everything she can to halt players in their tracks.
Astaroth, a demon who enjoys the warmth of flames, will be one of the first obstacles to be encountered. This opponent is an unavoidable obstacle, and the only way to overcome it is to bury it again. This guide for defeating Astaroth in Diablo 4 will come in handy for new players who need some early direction.
Who is Astaroth in Diablo 4?
In Act 2 of Diablo 4, Astaroth will play a role in the unfolding of events. Upon being brought back to life by Lilith, the demon makes a deal in which Lilith is once again granted access to Hell, while the demon is free to destroy anyone who opposes a returning demon lord.
Do you enjoy using the Diablo IV Necromancer class? As we’ve written about Necromancer in Diablo IV, along with some possible lore theories that will make you think:
Donan, one of the player’s most important allies, has a notably close relationship with Astaroth, as he was one of the few to initially seal the demon away. In this climactic combat, players will have the opportunity to exact revenge for Doran, whose son was kἰlled by the demon’s return.
How to Defeat Astaroth in Diablo 4?
As a boss, Astaroth is uninterested in a one-on-one confrontation with the player, instead, he rides a demonic companion into combat, which poses threats on multiple fronts. Due to this opponent’s immense size, there is typically little room to maneuver, so players will need to be astute with their positioning and ability usage to avoid damage and maintain pressure.
This is crucial when fending off Astaroth’s attacks, which include:
- If players get too near, they must dodge to the side and retreat in order to avoid receiving a series of melee attacks.
- As the three heads of the demon dog expel torrents of fire, move to the side to avoid damage and attack Astaroth freely.
- AoE damage from projectiles, marked areas are the danger zones, so avoid them and maintain your concentration on Astaroth.
- As Astaroth’s vitality decreases, meteors fall from the sky as a new form of attack. Likewise, evade their impact zone.
- In the final phase, the boss will become more aggressive, stringing together all of the above assaults in rapid succession. It is crucial to continue dealing damage, even if it means taking some damage in order to defeat the boss quickly.
With enough perseverance, enhanced equipment, and healing potions, Astaroth will eventually fall, allowing the player to pursue Lilith and thwart her evil schemes.