According to a statement released by Fox News on Monday 24 April, Tucker Carlson has decided to leave the network. Tucker Carlson and Fox News Media have mutually decided to split ways. A Fox News Media statement read, “We thank him for his service to the network as a host and before that as a contributor.”
Fox News Tonight will take over the 8 o’clock time slot previously occupied by Tucker Carlson Tonight. Until a permanent host is found, the show will be hosted by a revolving door of well-known faces, it said.
Carlson’s last broadcast for the network aired this past Friday 21 April. Tucker Carlson began his career as a print journalist for conservative periodicals like The Weekly Standard before moving on to host his own political talk show, Tucker Carlson Tonight, in 2016. Before joining Fox News, he worked as a host for CNN and MSNBC.
It’s been said that Carlson has more viewers than any other cable news host in the United States. Millions of people tuned in to hear his opinion on the news and politics when he was on Fox News, setting new records for viewership.
Dominion Voting Systems filed a slander action against Fox News, and evidence from that case revealed that in private text messages from 2021, he claimed that he “passionately” loathed Donald Trump.
Fox News and Dominion settled their legal dispute last week for $787.5 million. The business that makes voting machines claimed the network’s anchors had spread misleading information regarding the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. Dominion further claimed that Fox News hosts had “flipped” votes from Trump to Biden in the election by spreading false information that the election had been stolen.
Carlson’s resignation marks Fox News’s second high-profile loss since the Dominion deal. Dan Bongino announced his departure from the network on Thursday. On Saturday evenings since 2021, he’d been hosting the show Unfiltered With Dan Bongino. Fox also said that it would remove Bongino’s radio show from Fox Nation’s streaming service.
After the Monday morning announcement of Carlson’s departure, CNN personality Don Lemon tweeted that his agency had informed him he had been let go from his position at the network.
“I am stunned,” Lemon tweeted. “After 17 years at CNN, I would have thought someone in management would have had the decency to tell me directly.”
Later, CNN confirmed Lemon’s departure from the cable news network in a statement from CEO Chris Licht. For his 17 years of service, “Don will always be a part of the CNN family,” Licht stated. We support him and hope he achieves all his goals.
Professor Marion Coomey of Toronto Metropolitan University’s television and radio department told Newsweek that while she had expected Lemon’s dismissal, she had not anticipated Carlson’s resignation.
According to Coomey, “Fox usually stands by its hosts regardless of how outrageous their behavior is on air,” adding that it required “major charges of s*xual harassment” to get rid of former FOX News CEO Roger Ailes and former host Bill O’Reilly.
Carlson and other shows “have been spreading conspiracy theories and stretching the truth for years, and there has been no fallback for them because they get such massive audiences,” Coomey added.
She added, “Because Fox barely covered the Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit and none of the hosts were required to go on air and apologize for what they’d said, I thought they’d just brush it under the rug and wait for the next news cycle.”
If you wanted to read out more latest news like this then you can join us on our Twitter account.