Oklahoma Elementary School Student Honored For Saving Classmate From Choking, A boy from Oklahoma is being called a hero after he saved the life of a classmate during a normal lunch break that almost ended in tragedy.
ABC News says that third-grader Garrett Brown was with his friends in the Lakeview Elementary cafeteria when Cashton York started choking on a chicken nugget.
The 8-year-old rushed to help his classmate without thinking twice.
Jordan Nguyen a music teacher, told the news outlet that she heard kids screaming and ran over to see what was going on. But by the time she got to the table, the food had moved and York was breathing again. Also, check the Winning Numbers Drawn For Mega Millions $410M Jackpot.
“Instead of yelling he jumped to the other side of the table went behind Cashton and did a couple of thrusts of the Heimlich maneuver,” Nguyen said. “It only took about two thrusts, and he was able to get the food out.”
The young hero said that his father taught him how to do first aid.
Brown told KKTV, “My dad taught me when I was choking, so he taught me how to do it in case anyone else was choking.” Last Friday, Brown was surprised with a ceremony at Lakeview Elementary to honor him for being smart. He got a Hero Award for “bravely jumping into action at the last minute to save another student who was choking.”
Representatives from the Norman Fire Department and the Norman Police Department were there. They praised Brown’s family for teaching their child the life-saving move and called his actions “quick and brave.”
Keep following our site Venturejolt.com for further updates. If you liked this above information. Then share it with your friends and relatives.
Also, check our celebrity news section for more trending updates.